Friday, February 24, 2006



Finished watching Tupac:Before I Wake DvD last night. I bought it when I was in Hong Kong while it was on sale. I've most of Tupac's documentaries cause he is my favorite rapper since I started listening to Hip Hop music way back.

Been discussing a lot about music lately with Hasheeme. I was telling him it was really an exciting period back in the 80s to 90s cause that's when a lot of new style of music coming out. Going into a CD shop, digging thru the shelves just to find that particular CD was truly an experience. Not to mention going to gigs and events, getting to know friends half way across the world juz bcos of a common interest: MUSIC.

I think I am lucky to be born and grown up in that era : Rock, Hip Hop, Dance music ... everything were so new and everyone is trying to come out with something new, searching for that new defining sound. The birth of new genres.

That's why I got real bored with current music materials. Everything now is a remake and repackage of those sounds and styles. There's no new genres that can get my blood level up to my head any more.

Of course there's still good music ... but for me I just miss that rush of discovering something new and something that I can be a part of.

1 comments:

Anonymoussaid...

but damn it i am not born in that genration....
i need to find them out..............
and many many wanna to listen..........
but you really teach me so much dude, hahah

 
© Copyright by MURDERFREAK : FANATIC VIEWS OF THE URBAN DECAY  |  Template by Blogspot tutorial